Duration: January 1st 2017 – December 31st 2019
Latest news and announcements
The most recent partner meeting took place on 11. - 12. January 2018 in Warsaw. You can view the presentations here:
The EPPIC Project will be presented in 2018 at the following conferences:
- Conference of the International Society for the Study of Drug Policy: 16-18 May 2018; Vancouver, Canada (to be confirmed)
- Annual conference of the European Society of Criminology (ESC): 29. Aug. - 1. Sept. 2018; Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina (to be confirmed)
- Annual conference of the European Society of Prevention Research (EUSPR): 24.-26. Oct. 2018; Lisbon, Portugal (to be confirmed)
International Meeting on "Prisons and Health" in Lisbon 11-12 December 2017:
Conference organised by the Europan Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Abuse (EMCDDA) and the Regional Office for Europe of the World Health Organization (WHO). In her opening remarks the representative of the European Commission, Ms Marianna Zwodziak-Carbonne referred to the EPPIC project as an example of the growing interest of the Commission in the subject of prison health.
EPPIC focuses on drugs prevention policy and practice for young people aged between 15 and 24 who have been in contact with the criminal justice system. We will identify innovative prevention projects and examine the views of young people to find out more about experiences with intervention programmes.
EPPIC will cover research on prevention programmes in prison and community settings as well as forms of diversion and therapy in six European countries: UK, Italy, Denmark, Poland, Germany and Austria.
- RT @DIVERTLondon: Tonight DIVERT will be on @itvnews at 1830 and 2200 showing how effective diversion is within police custody. Using a tea…7 hours ago
- What is the EPPIC project doing in the UK? @KarenLDuke highlights some of the key findings so far @DARC_Mdx @MDXlaw… https://t.co/9EwEPkBhHmyesterday