Duration: January 1st 2017 – December 31st 2019
Latest news and announcements
The most recent formal partner meeting took place on 28.-30. Jan. 2019 in Aarhus, Denmark
You can view previous presentations here:
The EPPIC Project has been presented at the following conferences:
- 10. Europäischen Konferenz zur Gesundheitsförderung in Haft: 20-22 March 2019; Bonn, Germany. (Presentation GER & AT)
- Annual conference of the European Society of Prevention Research (EUSPR): 24.-26. Oct. 2018; Lisbon, Portugal. Conference panel on EPPIC.
- General Assembly Meeting of the European Centre for Social Welfare Policy and Research: 16.-17. Oct. 2018; UNOV United Nations Office Vienna, Austria.
- Annual conference of the European Society of Criminology (ESC): 29. Aug. - 1. Sept. 2018; Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina; Stummvoll G.: "Exchanging Prevention Practices on Polydrug Use among Youth in Criminal Justice Systems.
- Conference of the International Society for the Study of Drug Policy: 16-18 May 2018; Vancouver, Canada. Duke K., Thom B., Gleeson H: "Framing ‘drug prevention’ for young people in touch with the criminal justice system in England: views from professionals and practitioners in the field".
- Aarhus (14-16 Aug. 2019): Nordic Youth Research Symposium: Narrowing paths - transgressive routes. Youth in changing times: New forms of inequality, risk and resistance (DK)
- Ghent (16-17 Sept. 2019): European Society of Prevention Research Conference (AT)
- Ghent (18-21 Sept. 2019): European Society of Criminology Annual Conference (AT)
- Lisbon (23-25 Oct. 2019): Lisbon Addictions (UK, IT)
- 4 Workshops with practitioners have been completed in the UK (3 in England, 1 in Scotland), exploring the theme "engagement"
- 1 workshop with practitioners and Advisory Board Members was held on 5. April in Poland, discussing findings from WP5 and quality standards
- 1 workshop with the Austrian Advisory Group is planned for 8. May 2019 to discuss outcomes and recommendations
- Workshops with National Advisory Groups are planned for May-July 2019 in all partner countries
International Meeting on "Prisons and Health" in Lisbon 11-12 December 2017:
Conference organised by the Europan Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Abuse (EMCDDA) and the Regional Office for Europe of the World Health Organization (WHO). In her opening remarks the representative of the European Commission, Ms Marianna Zwodziak-Carbonne referred to the EPPIC project as an example of the growing interest of the Commission in the subject of prison health.
EPPIC focuses on drugs prevention policy and practice for young people aged between 15 and 24 who have been in contact with the criminal justice system. We will identify innovative prevention projects and examine the views of young people to find out more about experiences with intervention programmes.
EPPIC will cover research on prevention programmes in prison and community settings as well as forms of diversion and therapy in six European countries: UK, Italy, Denmark, Poland, Germany and Austria.